If you’re thinking of selling your house in Harrogate there must be hundreds of questions you’re asking yourself – which estate agent to choose? Where is the best place to advertise? What price should I expect for my home? And many more.
I’m not going to answer all of them in this blog, but if you tweet me your question about moving home @EMHarrogate I will reply AND write a blog answering it for you.
But here’s one I get asked all the time – “Should I show people around my house, or should I let the estate agent do it?”.
In my opinion you should always let an experienced professional show people around your house. In my opinion all viewings should be accompanied by the estate agent, here’s five short reasons why:
- It’s not my home so I’ve no emotional attachment. Someone may want to ask questions, and some people aren’t that subtle. To me it’s a question, to you it might come across as a criticism. Every question gets us closer to an offer – it’s vital that I answer them in the right way.
- I’m an expert in working out the best route. I show people around houses all the time and it’s vital that I always have a plan. Without a plan there is a chance we will finish the viewing in the smallest room (literally). I can help show off your house to it’s best, by making sure people start and finish with the best feature.
- I know my stuff about the local property market. People will want to ask questions about what is happening locally and why they should buy here. By making sure that we match the right buyers to the right property and then being on hand to answer all of their questions when they are inside your home and falling in love with it can massively speed up the buyers’ decision making process.
- I’m always ready and willing to ask for the offer. It’s my job. You might not want to ask someone if they want to offer but if I believe we have found the right buyer the right house, I will never shy from asking them if they want to take it further.
- I am trained and experienced in negotiating. This is vital. If someone wants to make an offer there and then I need to handle it absolutely right. Let’s never forget it is my job to achieve the highest possible price for you, the seller and I take that seriously. I have the huge advantage that it is never my decision, I will only put offers to you with my recommendation. You may feel put on the spot if someone wants to negotiate there and then. I use my expertise to encourage the offer, and then act as a negotiator between you and the buyer. Many of my clients find this the most comforting part of our service.
I accompany every viewing for every property. If you’ve read this and have any questions at all about the best way to show off your property, pick up the ‘phone and talk to me.
Lang may yer lum reek!